Since not everyone is suitable for laser intervention, the phakic lens implant can provide a solution for those higher myopes, up to -20.0D, and for those who have a thin cornea.
The phakic lens is inserted underneath the cornea and is like a very small contact lens. Along with your original lens it directs the light on the retina, correcting short sightedness. The lens is placed in the front part of the eye and it will remain there for as long as you need it. It is not visible to others will not notice that you have this implant in your eye.
Am I eligible ?
You are eligible for Phakic lens implantation if:
- Your myopia is between-5.0D and -20.0D
- You are at least 21 years old
- Your vision did not change for a period of 1 year
- If you have no glaucoma
- If no one in your immediate family suffers from glaucoma
- If you do not have diabetes
- If you have no retinal disease
- If your fundus is in good condition